Deadwood’s Days of ’76 wins 12th straight PRCA Rodeo of the Year
December 3, 2015
That's an even dozen. Deadwood's Days of '76 Rodeo brought home its 12th consecutive PRCA Medium Rodeo of the Year award during the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association's (PRCA) National Convention Wednesday night (Dec. 2), in Las Vegas. The rodeo, billed the "Best Rodeo. No Bull." Has won the award annually since 2004. Prior to that, it had won the PRCA Small Rodeo of the Year award four times, as well as the Badlands Circuit Rodeo of the year. 2016 will mark the 94th annual Days of '76 Rodeo in Historic Deadwood. The event, July 26-30, includes five days of rodeo action along with historic parades.
Days of '76 Committee members, including 2015 Chairman Jim Mattson and 2016 Chairman Ron Burns, both of Deadwood, were on hand to accept the award. Nominated alongside the Days of '76 in the Medium Outdoor Rodeo category for 2015 were rodeos in Estes Park, Colo.; Lufkin, Texas; Sidney, Iowa; and Stephenville, Texas.
–Day of '76
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Horse & Rodeo
- Tuberculosis discovered in Tripp County, South Dakota
- South Dakota Beer family focuses on healthy soil, even in dry years
- Tuberculosis in cattle: What you need to know
- Livestock haulers get 90 day waiver on Electronic Logging Device rule
- Nelson family, Harding County, South Dakota, ships whole herd due to bovine tuberculosis