‘I Am Angus’ series continues Jan. 3
December 30, 2010
The American Angus Association invites you to begin the New Year by tuning in Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, as it airs a new “I Am Angus” television program.
The hour-long show is the third program in the Association’s four-part television series that began earlier this fall. The January episode – titled “Western Horizons” – celebrates the history of the National Western Stock Show and the heritage of the Angus breed throughout the U.S.
“This latest edition of ‘I Am Angus’ shares unique stories that reflect our Angus ranching heritage as well as the positive story of American agriculture,” said Bryce Schumann, Association CEO. “The new program continues in the tradition of previous shows by featuring impactful segments not only about the colorful history of our industry, but also relevant topics for today.”
The Association-produced program includes segments on the following people:
• Patrick Grant, National Western Stock Show former president and CEO;
• Francis and Mary Rogers, Wagon Wheel Ranch, Yuma, CO;
Recommended Stories For You
• Tom Noel, “Doctor Colorado,” historian for the University of Colorado at Denver;
• Arlen and Becky Sawyer, A & B Cattle, Bassett, NE;
• Matt and Christy Belton, Belton Cattle Company, Steamboat Springs, CO;
• Walt Browarny, long-time official photographer for the National Western Stock Show, Calgary, Alberta, Canada;
• The Byergo family, Byergo Angus, Barnard, MO;
• Robert and Linda Groom, Tulleyfergus Angus, Lyons, NY;
• Debbie Lyons-Blythe, White City, KS; and
• Terry and Mike Beller, Beller Feedyard, Lindsay, NE.
The program is sponsored by the IGENITY® Profile for Angus, which provides Angus breeders with the industry’s most comprehensive DNA profile on an array of economically important traits.
“I Am Angus” will air at 8 p.m. EST (7 p.m. CST), Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, on RFD-TV. RFD-TV is distributed by more than 625 cable operators, and can be found on DirecTV channel 345 and Dish Network channel 231. Check local listings for more information.