Jim Gerrish presenting across Nebraska in December
November 19, 2010
The Nebraska Grazing Lands Coalition and UNL Extension Present “What Really Matters in Grazing Management,” featuring Jim Gerrish.
Gerrish is an independent grazing lands consultant providing service to farmers and ranchers on both private and public lands across the U.S. He currently lives in central Idaho and works with numerous ranchers in the Intermountain West using both irrigated pastures and native rangeland. Formerly on staff at the nationally recognized University of Missouri Forage Systems Research Center, Gerrish’s 22 years of research leadership provided the foundation for many of the basic principles of Management-intensive Grazing.
Come listen and interact with Jim Gerrish discussing:
• Stock density – the most powerful tool in the grazers tool box;
• Harvesting more of what you already grow;
• Stocking rate and carrying capacity;
Recommended Stories For You
• Balancing recovery and use;
• “Get the Hay Out.”
Gerrish will be presenting at eight Nebraska locations in four days.
Here’s the schedule:
• Dec. 13, 2010, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Johnson County 4-H Building, Tecumseh, NE. Contact Jessica Jones, UNL Extension Office in Johnson Co., 402-335-3669.
• Dec. 13, 2010, 6-10 p.m., Prim Town Pub, Primrose, NE. Contact Steve Pritchard, UNL Extension Office in Boone Co., 402-395-2158.
• Dec. 14, 2010, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Holt County Extension Office Meeting Room, O’Neill, NE. Contact Gary Stauffer, UNL Extension Office in Holt Co., 402-336-2760.
• Dec. 14, 2010, 5-9 p.m., Tub’s Pub, Sumner, NE. Contact Bruce Treffer, UNL Extension Office in Dawson Co., 308-324-5501.
• Dec. 15, 2010, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Curtis Community Center, Curtis, NE. Contact Steve Melvin, UNL Extension Office in Frontier Co., 308-367-4424.
• Dec. 15, 2010, 5-9 p.m., UNL Gudmundsen Sandhills Laboratory, Whitman, NE. Contact Bethany Johnston, UNL Central Sandhills Extension, 308-645-2267.
• Dec. 16, 2010, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Alliance Country Club, Alliance, NE. Contact Scott Cotton, UNL Extension Office in Dawes Co., 308-432-3373.
• Dec. 16, 2010, 5-9 p.m., Kimball Event Center, Kimball, NE. Contact Aaron Berger, UNL Extension Office in Kimball Co., 308-235-3122.
Cost is $10 which covers the cost of the meal. Pre-register by Dec. 6 to reserve a meal by calling the UNL Extension office indicated. Registrations will be taken until full.
For more information, contact Ron Bolze, Coordinator, Nebraska Grazing Lands Coalition at 402-426-2033 (home office); 402-321-0067 (cell) or email@example.com.