Nebraska Agricultural Youth Council members announced
February 24, 2011
LINCOLN – The Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA) is pleased to announce the selection of the members of the 2010-2011 Nebraska Agricultural Youth Council (NAYC).
In its 40th year, this year’s NAYC is comprised of 18 college-age men and women who are responsible for coordinating numerous agricultural learning experiences for Nebraska youth. Some of their projects include visiting with daycare students about where their food comes from, taking urban elementary students to farms to experience a day in the life of a farmer, and visiting with high schools and FFA chapters. The primary focus of the NAYC is to coordinate the annual Nebraska Agricultural Youth Institute (NAYI) for high school juniors and seniors.
“NAYC members are chosen based on their passion for the agricultural industry in Nebraska,” said NDA Public Information Officer and NAYC Advisor Christin Kamm. “I am extremely encouraged to see what new ideas and programs this year’s NAYC will implement to share their excitement and knowledge of agriculture with other youth throughout the state.”
2010-2011 NAYC members include:
• Robert “Skip” Hecox is serving as the NAYC Head Counselor and NDA’s Ag Youth Coordinator, where he will assist in the day-to-day coordinating of all the NAYC activities, as well as NAYI 2011. Skip is the son of Pat and Deb Hecox of Gothenburg.
• Shannon Wietjes is the daughter of Craig and Heidi Wietjes of Riverdale. She is serving as the NAYC President.
Recommended Stories For You
• Ethan Smith is the son of Alan and Christel Smith of Eustis. He is serving as the NAYC Industry Liaison.
• Emily Pribyl is the daughter of Tom and Marilyn Pribyl of Geneva. She is serving as the NAYC Secretary as well as Chair of the Group Interaction/Youth Outreach Committee.
• Melissa Keyes is the daughter of Kevin and Teresa Keyes of Springfield. She is serving as the Chair of the Improvement Committee.
• Bryce Vaughn is the son of Mark and Bridget Vaughn of Alliance. He is serving as the Chair of the Media Outreach Committee.
• Melisa Konecky is the daughter of Tom and Sharon Konecky of Wahoo. She is serving as the Chair of the Farm Tour Committee.
• Jana Cool is the daughter of Jerry and Judy Cool of Callaway. She is serving as the Chair of the Promotion Committee.
• Eric Kamler is the son of Mike and Kim Kamler of Shickley.
• Kristen Witte is the daughter of Donald and Kelly Witte of Scribner.
• Matraca Meyer is the daughter of Chris and Teresa Meyer of Edgar.
• Wade Walters is the son of Mike and Camella Walters of Shickley.
• Kyle Schultz is the son of Kevin and Ann Schultz of Superior.
• Emily Ibach is the daughter of Greg and Teresa Ibach of Sumner.
• Gavin Kenney is the son of Paul and Angie Kenney of Kearney.
• Evan Ibach is the son of Greg and Teresa Ibach of Sumner.
• Caleb McKeever is the son of John and Carmen McKeever of Wymore.
• Will Anderjaska is the son of Jon and Patty Anderjaska of Palisade.
To learn more about the NAYC or NAYI, visit the NAYI web page at http://www.agr.ne.gov/nayi/nayi.htm or search for Nebraska Agricultural Youth Institute on Facebook.