Seeking nominations for South Dakota Governor’s Ag Ambassador award
February 13, 2012
The South Dakota Department of Agriculture is seeking nominations for the South Dakota Governor’s Ag Ambassador Award.
Nominees should be those who have continually worked to promote agriculture in South Dakota. The individual or organization nominated must possess:
• Strong ties to agriculture in South Dakota.
• Leadership skills in agriculture.
• An emphasis on education through campaigns or programs.
• Focus on proactive agriculture policies and practices.
Recommended Stories For You
Nominations are due to SDDA by April 1 and can be found at http://sdda.sd.gov. The award will be presented during the Governor’s Ag Development Summit in Pierre, SD on June 27.
The 2011 Governor’s Ag Ambassador was Dr. Dan Gee, who had a 30-year career at South Dakota State University as a professor and coach of the livestock judging team. He later became executive director of the South Dakota Ag and Rural Leadership Program.
– South Dakota Department of Agriculture