Social Security: Celebrating Earth Day every day
April 15, 2011
This Earth Day (April 22) and every day, Social Security is committed to conserving energy and reducing waste. Social Security has buildings across the nation that boast high-efficiency lighting, solar hot water heating systems, high-performance windows, solar lighting in parking lots, improved HVAC systems, chilled water system improvements, and much more.
What’s more, Social Security offers many of our popular services online. These services are more than just convenient and easy-to-use. They’re also great for the environment!
You can do most Social Security business from the convenience of your home or on any computer. There’s no paper, printing, postage, or travel needed. Here are a few of our most popular online services:
• Use our Retirement Estimator to get a quick and accurate estimate of your future Social Security retirement benefits. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/estimator
• Prepare for your retirement by visiting our Benefits Planner page. You also can go here to use the disability and survivors planners to find out how much you or your family might qualify for if the need arises. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/planners
• Retire online! You can complete and submit your retirement application in as little as 15 minutes. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/retireonline
Recommended Stories For You
• Apply for disability benefits. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability
• Apply for Medicare benefits. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/medicareonly
So, whether you’re interested in planning your retirement or applying for disability, our online office is the most convenient and “green” one to visit. Social Security’s online services also top customer satisfaction lists. For a complete list of our online services, visit http://www.socialsecurity.gov/onlineservices.
kathy petersen is a public affairs specialist for social security, denver region. you can write her c/o social security administration, 605 main, suite 201, rapid city, sd, 57701 or via e-mail at email@example.com. next week, kathy discusses your social security questions in her popular monthly “q&a” column.