Upcoming Black Hills events for sheep producers
January 15, 2016
The next Lamb Producer Meeting will be Tuesday, January 19 at the Branding Iron Steakhouse, Belle Fourche, South Dakota.
The meeting begins at 2:30 with Supper at 6 p.m. sponsored by Sioux Nation Ag Center. RSVP to Doug Wirth at 515-979-3938 or email to email@example.com
Also, SAVE THE DATE to attend the BHSS" Sheep Day" on Thursday, Feb. 4 at the Kjerstad Event Center, Rapid City, South Dakota
Activities happening that day:
· National Sheep Shearing Championships – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
· North American Sheep Dog Trials 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
· National Wool Handlers Championships – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
· Demonstration of the Optical Fiber Diameter Analysis Technology (OFDA) and its applications within the Wool Industry.
· Presentations on the importance of classing wool to ensure a uniform and marketable wool clip.
· Presentations on the value of wool as a textile fiber.
· Presentations on the steps to producing a highly valued wool clip.
· Spinner's Circle providing lessons on hand spinning
· Demonstrations of combing machines
· Lamb will be on the concessionaire's menu
· Numerous sheep industry related booths
· Retailers promoting and selling wool and lamb products will be on hand.
· A trained sheep dog will be auctioned at 6:30 p.m. with proceeds to go to the "Make a Wish" Foundation
· Shawls created by the Spinner's Circle will be donated to Black Hills Hospice.
If you are interested in participating in any of the events or hosting a booth, Please contact: Cory Ferguson, Black Hills Stock Show Event Manager at 605-355-3861 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org