Senate Bill 659
January 27, 2016
Please ask your readers to contact their U.S. Senators and urge them to support Senate Bill 659, Bipartisan Sportsmen Act of 2016. This bill has been approved by a Senate committee and will come up for a full Senate vote in the near future (probably in February).
The bill contains a provision to return the management of wolf populations to the states of Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Cattle and dog kills by wolves increased in Wisconsin during 2015 because a federal judge returned wolves to protected status. Without state control, wolf populations will continue to increase. In 2015 Wisconsin had six human/wolf conflicts. These problems are unacceptable and we need everyone's help to get S 659 passed.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Tuberculosis discovered in Tripp County, South Dakota
- TransCanada reports Keystone Pipeline 5,000 barrel oil spill near Amherst South Dakota
- Montana’s Jess Lockwood overcomes injuries, more to become youngest PBR Champion
- South Dakota Beer family focuses on healthy soil, even in dry years
- Farmers, ranchers deal with unrest in Standing Rock, North Dakota protest