2012 NILE Raffle Filly
December 17, 2012
The 2012 NILE Raffle Filly was Red Country Oak, a 2-year-old sired by Millie N Docs Oak by Docs Oak and going back to the great Doc Bar.
The lucky winner was Weston Hersel of Shepherd, MT, son of Brett and Yvette Hersel. Winning the raffle filly couldn't have come at a better time for the Hersel family as Brett has been battling cancer this past year.
The drawing was held at the NILE Performance Horse Sale on Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012. Proceeds from this raffle benefit youth programs, youth scholarships and other horse events of the NILE.
The filly, out of the good mare, Reds Country Deal, was donated by Gary and Ginger DeCock, D & S Cattle Co., of Hysham, MT. The DeCocks have been raising high-quality Quarter Horses for many years and specialize in working ranch horses and horses that can go to the rodeo arena.
Red Country Oak was trained on the ranch over this past summer and has been used to move cattle over a lot of rough country. She is very gentle and kind and will make a great horse for pleasure, trail riding or ranch work.
NILE would like to thank Gary and Ginger DeCock for donating this fine filly.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Horse & Rodeo
- UPDATED DAILY: Wrangler NFR 2018 Round Results
- OCM: New JBS violations highlight weak enforcement of Packers & Stockyards Act
- Filming Feek’s Vision: Legendary stock contractor’s story documented in new movie
- PRCA standings as of Dec. 14, 2018
- A miracle in the works: JR Vezain on the road to recovery after severe back injury