Bronc riding schools in Wyoming, S.D.
February 16, 2015
It's Rodeo School Season, and the Bill Stearns Memorial Scholarship committee is selecting recipients. If you are a high school bronc rider or hoping to get started riding broncs in high school rodeo, you could be eligible.
Just write a letter saying why you would like to attend a bronc riding school this spring; which school you would like to attend; and why you feel deserving to receive some scholarship funding through the Bill Stearns Memorial. Please include your bronc riding experience and schools already attended, if any. Mail your letter to Mrs. Bill Stearns, 1159 State Highway 450, Newcastle, Wyoming 82701, no later than March 10th, 2015.
Jeff Willert and Chad Ferley will be teaching bronc riding during the Korkow Ranch Rodeo School at Pierre, SD, April 24 – 26. Bill Stearns knew them both and highly respected their ability in the arena, and Chad's grandfather was a friend and neighbor who taught him about airplanes and flying. We would recommend the Korkow School, but participation there is not required to be considered for scholarship funds.
Trending In: Horse & Rodeo
- TESTING, TESTING, 1,2,3…: AQHA 5-panel testing and what it is used for
- Bovatec®, Rumensin® ingestion
- Ranch horseshoe art — Artistic expression through the sole of a horse
- Jan Swan Wood: Lane scott injured, matched bronc ride, cowhorse clinic, Indians attack wagon train
- Cunningham family says goodbye to team roper who died of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Too soon gone: Family of Dylan Fulton reflects on rodeo memories, Cap’n Crunch, more
- Protecting U.S. herds from the African Swine Fever requires diligence
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus
- Skin Problems in Young Cattle: Warts and Ringworm
- Tariffs: Producers want trade over aid