Burke Stampede Rodeo slated for July 17-19
Don’t miss the legendary rodeo, legendary entertainment, legendary fun July 17-19, 7 p.m. at the Stampede Arena in Burke, South Dakota.
Cowboys and cowgirls will compete for well over $50,000 during the 26th Annual Burke Stampede Rodeo in the Burke arena Friday, Saturday and Sunday,.
In the fine tradition of whoopin’ it up for the spectacular 26th year of the Stampede, the Stampede will give fans a chance to win 2 Henry Golden Boy 22 long rifle rifles stamped with our Stampede logo. Raffle tickets are on sale now at First Fidelity Bank and Burke Community Pharmacy or from any Stampede Committee member or you can purchase yours at the Chuckwagon Feed, Stampede Idol Contest or during all rodeo performances.
But wait, there’s more….the Stampede Rodeo Committee has teamed up with several businesses and individuals to bring especially special entertainment to the 2015 Stampede….Don’t miss a single perf and the antics of the legendary Bert Davis, the Coppertown Clown. Bert is a courageous and hilarious performer; it is his numerous dogs that truly endear him to the spectators. Those sidekicks, with their high energy antics make Bert, the Coppertown Clown, one of the best and most-traveled animal specialty acts in the industry.
Support Local Journalism
Schedule and information
Announcer: Travis Schauda, Broken Bow, Nebraska.
Stock Contractor: Wilson Rodeo Company, Interior, South Dakota; timed event cattle will be provided by Jeff Miller, from Nebraska.
• Wednesday, July 15, 2015: Kick off of the annual Trail to the Stampede with a trail ride at the Doug and Sandy Stukle Ranch to the historic Red Rock! Call trail boss Chris Cernetisch for more information or to be a part of the Trail to the Stampede, call 605-830-0473.
• Thursday, July 16, 2015: Trail to the Stampede continues with a Longhorn Cattle Drive from The Justin and David Johnson Ranch north of Burke, arriving for a trail down Burke’s Main Street at 4:30 p.m. Authentic Chuck-wagon feed (free will offering) at Burke Arena 6 p.m. Stampede Idol Contest Burke Arena following chuck-wagon feed. $500 prize. Must pre-enter at 830-2083 or 605-775-2294.
• Friday, July 17, 2015: Rodeo Performance 7 p.m., Stampede Arena. Family night with mutton bustin’ for the kids. Rodeo Dance to Marci Mitchel band under the tent on the rodeo grounds following rodeo performance.
• Saturday, July 18, 2015: Cowboy breakfast and Slack Stampede Arena 9 a.m. Rodeo Performance 7 a.m., Stampede Arena. Back, by popular demand, Wild Cow Riding! Modern Woodman of America night at the rodeo…get your discount tickets at the gate. Presentation of Gloria Stevicks-Connot award during Stampede Rodeo. Rodeo Dance to Marci Mitchel band under the tent on the rodeo grounds following rodeo performance.
• Sunday, July 19, 2015: Cowboy breakfast and Slack Stampede Arena 9 a.m. Rodeo Performance 7 p.m. Stampede Arena.
Ticket Information: Advance $8, At the Gate: $10, Kids 10 and under admitted free. Tickets on Sale at: Burke, First Fidelity Bank, Green’s Grocery, Burke True Value, Pump N’ Stuff, The G.A.B., Burke Community Pharmacy, Stella’s, Gregory: B&F Variety, Mr.G’s, Platte: Pharmco, The Yellow Rose Arena, Bonesteel: Cuzn’s Corner, Cahoy’s General Store, Fairfax: Koenig’s Market, and Constitution, Naper Nebraska: Naper Café, Winner: Winner Animal Clinic, Wagner: K’s Qwik Stop, Spencer Nebraska; KC’s Roadrunner.
Let the Stampede and the good old cowboy and cowgirl way come to life for you…Can’t wait to see ya’ll at the Stampede!
Support Local Journalism
Readers like you make the Tri-State Livestock News’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, relevant coverage of the livestock industry.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User