Workshop to focus on forage production
May 25, 2017
A "Horses, Pastures and You!" workshop is Tuesday, June 6, at the Frank Wise Building at Fort Washakie.
The hands-on workshop from 5:30-8:30 p.m. will focus on how to estimate the amount of forage produced in a pasture, how to evaluate and select hay and calculating hay needs, and weed management in pastures, said Jeremiah Vardiman, University of Wyoming Extension educator.
Vardiman said those attending will meet at the extension office in Fort Washakie and carpool to the pasture for the workshop.
For more information, contact Vardiman at 307-754-8836.
–University of Wyoming Extension
Trending In: Horse & Rodeo
- Grady Ruble is new SDSU Extension cow/calf field specialist
- Justine Nelson enjoys ranch work, tack creation
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus
- How to deal with ticks on horses, and what health issues to watch for
- Skin Problems in Young Cattle: Warts and Ringworm