NDSU Hunt seat riders enjoy successful fall season
November 13, 2014
The hunt seat equestrian riders are named the high-point team in two competitions.
North Dakota State University's hunt seat equestrian team received high honors at two competitions in River Falls, Wis., this fall.
The team tied for the title of high-point team Nov. 1, with Kayla Young, a freshman from Plymouth, Minn., being named the high point-rider for that day. On Nov. 2, the team received the title of reserve high-point team.
On Oct. 11, the team earned the title of reserve high-point team. The following day, the team was named the high-point team, and Alexandra DeFoe, a sophomore from Centerville, Minn., was the reserve high-point rider.
"This team has made me very proud," says team coach Mattia Gunkelman, "This group of students has put in exceptional efforts this semester, practicing hard and continually striving for more. As a coach, you could not ask for more from your team."
The team will continue its season next semester.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Horse & Rodeo
- UPDATED DAILY: Wrangler NFR 2018 Round Results
- OCM: New JBS violations highlight weak enforcement of Packers & Stockyards Act
- Filming Feek’s Vision: Legendary stock contractor’s story documented in new movie
- PRCA standings as of Dec. 14, 2018
- A miracle in the works: JR Vezain on the road to recovery after severe back injury