NDSU riders place in national competition
June 4, 2013
All three North Dakota State University equestrian team members who advanced to national competition placed in their respective category.
Karley Schaefer, a freshman from West Fargo, earned third place in intermediate horsemanship at the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association competition in Harrisburg, PA. The competition was held May 2-5.
Emily Norwig, a sophomore from Hampton, MN, placed 10th in intermediate horsemanship and Megan Hansen, a junior from Breckenridge, MN, received honorable mention in advanced horsemanship.
All three earned a trip to the national event by placing in the top four in semifinal competition in Morehead, KY, in March.
"These three individuals fought hard against some tough competition and did an exceptional job representing NDSU at the national level," team coach Tara Swanson says.
Trending In: Horse & Rodeo
- UPDATED DAILY: Wrangler NFR 2018 Round Results
- OCM: New JBS violations highlight weak enforcement of Packers & Stockyards Act
- Filming Feek’s Vision: Legendary stock contractor’s story documented in new movie
- PRCA standings as of Dec. 14, 2018
- A miracle in the works: JR Vezain on the road to recovery after severe back injury