NILE Ranch Rodeo Finals results
The sixth annual NILE Ranch Rodeo Finals were held Oct. 17, in the Rimrock Auto Arena at MetraPark. This year’s rodeo featured teams who qualified for the finals at NILE sanctioned rodeos throughout the year competing head-to-head. Hailing from the states of Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and North Dakota the teams were the Steffler Ranch, the Rieger Ranch, the Four Three Ranch, the Pierson Ranch/LO Cattle Company, the Sorenson Ranch, the S Ranch, Sperry/Reid Horse & Cattle Co, the Nelson Ranch, Glennie Ranch, Salveson Ranch, A Mill Iron Ranch and Bootheel Ranch.
The traditional ranch rodeo format closely resembles the daily activities that take place on any given cattle ranch and includes saddle bronc riding, team trailering, team branding, team doctoring, and wild cow milking.
Top three teams
1. Steffler Ranch from Firth, ID (Qualified through Bozeman Roundup Ranch Rodeo).
2. The Rieger Cattle Company from Ismay, MT (Qualified through Forsyth Ranch Rodeo). These cowboys will represent the NILE at the WCRA Finals in Amarillo, TX, Nov. 8-11, as the top finishing team pre-qualified to compete in the WCRA.
3. Sperry Horse/Reid Ranch from Trotters, ND/Poplar, MT (Qualified through NHMRR- Sidney Ranch Rodeo).
Bit O Pepto ridden by Jason Steffler of the Steffler Ranch Team, Firth, ID.
Delon Parker of the Glennie Ranch Team, Two Dot, MT.
Hard luck team
Bootheel 7 Ranch Team out of Lusk, WY, was awarded custom made scarves from Wild Rags by Lois.
1. Nelson Ranch from Glasgow, MT, 2. S Ranch from Pryor, MT, 3. Steffler Ranch from Firth, ID.
1. Glennie Ranch from Two Dot, MT, 2. Steffler Ranch from Firth, ID, 3. Pierson Ranch/LO Cattle Company from Brussett, MT/Sand Springs, MT.
1. Sperry Horse/Reid Ranch from Trotters, ND/Poplar, MT, 2. Rieger Cattle Company, Ismay, MT,
3. Steffler Ranch from Firth, ID.
Wild Cow Milking
1. Steffler Ranch from Firth, ID,
2. Sorenson Ranch from Watford City, ND, 3. Sperry Horse/Reid Ranch from Trotters, ND/Poplar, MT.
Ranch Bronc Riding
1. Four Three Ranch from Lusk, WY, 2/3 two way tie – Sperry Horse/Reid Ranch from Trotters, ND/Poplar, MT, 2/3 Nelson Ranch from Glasgow, MT.
For more information and a complete calendar of events, visit http://www.TheNile.org. F
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Montana Cowboy Hall of Fame & Western Heritage Center (MCHF & WHC) will celebrate the 13th class of inductions into the Montana Cowboy Hall of Fame Saturday, August 14 at the Heritage Inn in…