PRCA Board passes tie-down roping rule
March 19, 2015
The PRCA Board of Directors unanimously passed a tie-down roping rule change on March 10, per the suggestion of an ad-hoc committee consisting of tie-down roping contestants, rodeo committees, stock contractors and animal welfare representatives.
The new rule, effective June 1, 2015, gives rodeo committees the option of replacing the existing fine for a jerk-down in the event with a no-time.
Starting June 1, rodeo committees will opt in or out of the new rule in the approvals process. Committees opting in will be required to properly prepare the cattle for competition in accordance with Rule 8.6, under the supervision of the tie-down roping representative or his appointee.
Trending In: Horse & Rodeo
- Sizzlin’ S of Montana raises $10k for Nebraska ranchers
- Outtagrass Cattle Co. Cartoon by Jan Swan Wood
- THE COWBOY WAY: Bullriders help finance search efforts for livestock on Pine Ridge Reservation
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus
- How to deal with ticks on horses, and what health issues to watch for