5L Red Angus “Profit Seeker” Annual Spring Sale
May 6, 2016
Date: April 8, 2016
Location: at the Ranch, Sheridan, MT
Auctioneer: Jim Birdwell
TSLN Rep: Rowdy Benson
251 Red Angus yearling bulls – $5,607
Recommended Stories For You
52 Black "Profit-Plus" yearling bulls – $3,558
7 Char X Red Angus "Opti-Bulls" – $3,107
9 SimmAngus yearling bulls – $3,889
26 Registered Red Angus yearling heifers – $4,808
It was a great hint of spring in Sheridan, Montana, for the 5L Red Angus "Profit Seeker" Annual Spring Sale. If you are seeking profit this is definitely the place to shop, as you will find what you need. The offering's genetics are jam-packed with the best efficient, problem free, profitable, and adaptability genes God's good world has to offer. With all those genetics it's no wonder it takes a wide body to fill those pants. As you will see in the high sellers, they can come from any page in the catalog. They are good from beginning to end and people packed the seats to witness it. I know I say this every year but you really won't find a ranch more dedicated to the customer making money. Colonel Birdwell kept us going at brisk pace, and here is the very top end:
Lot 8, 5L Defender 2650-76C, made a splash at $20,000 selling to Wood's V-X Ranch in Sandpoint, ID. 5L Defender 560-30Z is his sire and BW -4.0, WW 53, YW 81, and Milk 27 are his EPDs. He was born 2/5/15 at 56 pounds and had a WW ratio of 96.
142 lots later Lot 150, 5L Leading Edge 15383-117C, also sold for $20,000 to Tannon and Jenna Dvorak of Stuart, NE. This son of 5L Leading Edge 1221-79A son was born 2/10/15 at 69 pounds and has a 112 WW ratio. His EPDs include BW -1.7, WW 78, YW 123, and Milk 16.
Lot 177, 5L Genuine 1603-195C, sold for $16,000 to Ludvigson Stock Farms of Billings, MT. Sired by 5L Genuine 99-85Y that posted EPDs of BW -2.6, WW 61, YW 105, and Milk 20. He was born 2/23/15 at 74 pounds and has a WW ratio of 108.
Lot 153, 5L Bourne 4393-14C, sold for $15,000 to Dykes Cattle of Walla Walla, WA. He's a son of 5L Bourne 117-48A with EPDs of BW -3.1, WW 74, YW 113, and Milk 18. He was born 1/27/15 at 70 pounds and has a WW ratio of 113.
Lot 286, 5L Bourne 727-489C, was sold to Bowles J5 Reds of Chinook, MT for $15,000. He's a 117-48A son with good EPDs of BW -1.6, WW 72, YW 109, and Milk 21. He was born 3/18/15 at 80 pounds and has a WW ratio of 103.
Trending In: Production Sale Reports
- Oakwater Ranch / Rocking Arrow 39th Annual Charolais Bull Sale
- Pieper Red Angus 29th Annual Performance Leader Production Sale
- Brooks Chalky Butte Angus Ranch 2019 Production Sale
- Nelson Livestock Company “Bulls Built For The Big Country” Annual Bull Sale
- Weber Charolais & Red Angus Farm Annual Production Sale
- ‘Prayers and Perseverance’ Nebraska vet says worst of livestock health effects still to come
- How Early is Too Early?
- Nebraska crisis; cattlemen flooded with no place to go
- THE COWBOY WAY: Bullriders help finance search efforts for livestock on Pine Ridge Reservation
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus