Connealy Angus Annual Production Sale
June 13, 2016
Date: Mar. 26, 2016
Location: the ranch, Whitman, Neb
Auctioneers: Joe Goggins and Ty Thompson
TSLN Rep: Chris Effling
149 Older bulls – $9,043
Recommended Stories For You
377 Ylg bulls – $9,076
1 Open cow – $120,000
On a cold March day, cattlemen showed up in droves for a chance to take home a Connealy bull. While the temps were cold, the bids were hot and the sale average reflects the undeniable demand for the quality bulls Connealys continue to produce.
• The top seller of the day was the Connealy family's traditional "pick of the dams." Square B Cattle – Warsaw, Missouri, put down $120,000 for the chance to take home their favorite Connealy cow.
• Top selling bull: Lot 494, Connealy Concord, brought $105,000.
The buyers were: ST Genetics – Navasota, Texas, Woodall Angus Farm – Quality, Kentucky, Smith Angus – Wadley, Georgia, Way View Cattle Co. – Hebron, Ohio. This impressive animal, out of Connealy Consensus
• Second high seller: Lot 179, Connealy Template 5416.
Benoit Angus Ranch – Esbon, Kansas, gave $55,000 to own this bull out of Barstow Cash.
• Third/fourth high seller: Lot 38, Connealy Rampart.
ST Genetics – Navasota, TX gave $50,000 to take home this son of Connealy Confidence Plus.
• Third/fourth high seller: Lot 144, Connealy Commonwealth, also brought $50,00.
This Basin Payweight 1682 son has three new owners – ST Genetics – Navasota, Texas, Smith Angus – Wadley, Georgia, Way View Cattle Co. – Hebron, Ohio.
Trending In: Production Sale Reports
- Roberts says farm bill deal close as lobbying continues
- USDA, FDA will oversee cell-cultured proteins
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus
- Forage 2017: It’s a wrap–Bale wrap innovations work to solve ranchers’ problems
- Skin Problems in Young Cattle: Warts and Ringworm