Crump Red Angus 4th Annual Forever Red Bull Sale
March 17, 2016
Date: February 20, 2016
Location: Buffalo Livestock Auction, Buffalo, Wyoming
Auctioneer: Scott Weishaar
TSLN Rep: Rowdy Benson
81 yearling bulls – $8,531
Recommended Stories For You
40 commercial heifers – $1,468
It was another fine day at Buffalo, Wyoming for the fourth annual Crump Red Angus Forever Red Bull Sale. It was another record-breaking sale with bulls and females available within reach of any type of customer. What makes this sale so special? First of all the Crump family is an outstanding group of people and herdsmen – you can count on hospitality on this outfit. Secondly, they have a cowherd that is second to none. They run in large pastures throughout the rough Powder River breaks, so you can guarantee these bulls are in good rig for breeding cows. Colonel Scott Weishaar kept all of us straight and handled the bids in rapid fire. Here is the cream off the top:
• High seller: Lot 12, Crump Magnitude 5507, topped the sale at $18,000 with Red Path Cattle of Banner, Wyoming. This Brown Premier X7876 son posted EPDs of BW -1.9, WW 83, YW 127, and Milk 14. His actual birth weight on Jan. 6, 2015, was 62 pounds and he recorded an actual weaning weight of 673 pounds.
• Second high seller: Lot 3, Crump Velocity 5515, purchased by Turkey Track Livestock of Douglas, Wyoming for $17,000. He's a X7876 son with good numbers of BW -3.5, WW 88, YW 132, and Milk 16. He was 77 pounds at birth on Jan. 26, 2015, and a whopping 704 pounds at weaning.
• Third high seller: Cutting Edge Ranch of Steele, North Dakota, bought Lot 2, Crump The Beast 5125, for $15,000. He's a Crump Runaway 3178 son born Jan. 29, 2015, at 86 pounds and weaned off at 840 pounds. He recorded EPDs of BW 1.4, WW 99, YW 145, and Milk 12.
• Fourth high seller: Selling for $14,500 was Lot 34, Crump Runaway 599, to Ginger Barber of Edgar, Montana. This 3178 son posted EPDs of BW 0, WW 75, YW 115, and Milk 13. He was born Jan. 21, 2015 weighing 84 pounds and was 729 pounds at weaning.
• Fifth high seller: Dennis Miller of Rozet, Wyoming purchased Lot 38, Crump Runaway 5139, for $13,500. He is a 3178 son born Jan. 20, 2015 at 64 pounds and was 603 pounds at weaning. He recorded EPDs of BW -1.1, WW 62, YW 92, and Milk 14.
• Sixth high seller: Dennis Miller of Rozet, Wyoming wasn't done yet buying Lot 45, Crump Mission Statement 5130 for $13,500. This LJC Mission Statement P27 son posted EPDs of BW -1.1, WW 68, YW 117, and Milk 18. He was born Jan. 23, 2015, weighing 71 pounds and weaned off at 660 pounds.
Trending In: Production Sale Reports
- Grady Ruble is new SDSU Extension cow/calf field specialist
- Justine Nelson enjoys ranch work, tack creation
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus
- Skin Problems in Young Cattle: Warts and Ringworm
- How to deal with ticks on horses, and what health issues to watch for