Green Mountain Red Angus Annual Production Sale
Date: March 15, 2016
Location: The ranch near Logan, Mont.
Auctioneer: Trent Stewart
TSLN Rep: Rowdy Benson
Support Local Journalism
Average: 63 yearling bulls – $6,790
Another beautiful day on the western Montana frontier for the Annual Green Mountain Red Angus Production Sale near Logan, Montana. Each of the bulls that walked through the ring represented outstanding structure and phenotype with high-end performance and EPDs. The standard philosophy for raising bulls on this outfit is “It takes great cows to make great bulls!” and I think the uniformity proves just that. They were thick, smooth made bulls that were ready to go out and go to work. Colonel Trent Stewart kept the auction nice and snappy. Here is the top end:
• High Seller: Lot 3,GMRA Trinity 5222, was the top notch purchased by Accelerated Genetics of Baraboo, Wisconsin, and Bieber Red Angus of Selby, South Dakota, for $28,000. He’s sired by GMRA Trilogy 0226 and put up EPDs of BW -4.5, WW 70, YW 108, and Milk 18. He was born Jan. 16, 2015, at 71 pounds and weaned at 635 pounds.
• Second high seller: Accelerated Genetics also purchased Lot 17, GMRA Peacemaker 5207, for $18,000. This GMRA Peacemaker 1216 son was born Jan. 12, 2015, at 88 pounds and was weaned at 646 pounds. He posted EPDs of BW -2.8, WW 73, YW 105, and Milk 23.
• Third high seller: Lot 2, GMRA Trident 5219, sold to Ostendorf Red Angus of Powderville, Montana, for $14,000. He’s a GMRA Trilogy 0226 son with EPDs of BW -3.7, WW 74, YW 116, and Milk 20. He was born Jan. 15, 2015 at 74 pounds and weaned at 669 pounds.
• Fourth high seller: Lot 11, GMRA Epic 5251, was sold to the 21 Ranch Inc. of Sundance, Wyoming, for $10,000. He’s sired by the great, Beckton Epic R397 K, and marked BW 0.7, WW 79, YW 127, and Milk 24 on his EPDs. He was born Jan. 24, 2015, at 95 pounds and weaned at 674 pounds.
• Fifth high seller: Greenleaf Land and Livestock of Forsyth, Montana, got their hands on Lot 24, GMRA Epic 5208, for $8,750. Another Beckton Epic R397 K son with good EPDs of BW -4.1, WW 60, YW 94, and Milk 25. He was born Jan. 12, 2015, at 74 pounds and weaned off at 598 pounds.
Support Local Journalism
Readers like you make the Tri-State Livestock News’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, relevant coverage of the livestock industry.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User