Mogck and Sons 32nd Annual Production Sale
June 4, 2015
Date: Feb. 19
Auctioneer: Seth Weishaar
Location: At the ranch, Olivet, South Dakota
101 Yearling bulls – $7,277
10 Bred heifers – $5,550
Recommended Stories For You
29 Bred cows – $4,258
This well-known breeding program has placed several bulls in studs throughout the years. The family often buys feeder cattle back from their customers, giving folks another reason to do business with these leaders in the Angus breed.
And then there is the food. Jack Seben served his usual delicious lunch and ribs after the sale. The hospitality here really is second to none.
The Mogcks have updated their outfit and the customers enjoyed a new sale facilty as well as videos of the bulls for the very first time.
Lot 10, $18,000 to Varilek Angus, Geddes. This growthy Bullseye son out of a Daybreak female came in with a 92 pound birth weight, 815 weaning weight, and hit the scale at 1,370 pounds at a year of age. His EPDs were as follows: 72 pound WW, 124 YW to put him in the top one percent of the breed for both.
Lot 7, $15,500 to Mohnen Angus. Another Bullseye son out of a Daybreak daughter, this guy goes back to the Mohnens proven Jilt cow family. The bull's EPD profile: .1 BW, 72 WW, 124 YW, 28 milk. This guy looks like a great calving ease prospect and he sold to a good program. The Jilt cow family is the backbone of the Mohnen program. I'm surprised they let one escape but I see why they are bringing those genetics back home.
Lot 3, $14,500 to Jeff Anderson, Pierce, Nebraska. Yet another Bullseye son, this time out of a 5050-sired first calf heifer, this bull gained – with the third heaviest weaning weight of the calf crop weighing 92 pounds on weaning day. He ratioed 116 at weaning and 114 at a year.
Lot 30, $14,000 to Louis Genereux, Pierce, Nebraska. This large-framed Whispering Wind son out of a Dayreak dam produced the following EPD profile: BW .9, WW 75, YW 128, with actual data of: BW 82, WW 885, 1,427 YW
Lot 19, $13,500 to Hoyt Angus Ranch, McHenry North Dakota. This Sureshot son out of a Hemisphere daughter posted the following numbers: BW 81 pounds, WW 867 pounds, YW 1,409.
Top female – Lot 112, $14,000 to Askdahl Angus Farm, Minneota, Minnesota. This Sureshot daughter out of a Sitz Upward-sired dam displayed these actuals: -.3 BW, 69 WW, 111 YW, +37 milk
Trending In: Production Sale Reports
- Oakwater Ranch / Rocking Arrow 39th Annual Charolais Bull Sale
- Pieper Red Angus 29th Annual Performance Leader Production Sale
- Brooks Chalky Butte Angus Ranch 2019 Production Sale
- Nelson Livestock Company “Bulls Built For The Big Country” Annual Bull Sale
- Weber Charolais & Red Angus Farm Annual Production Sale
- ‘Prayers and Perseverance’ Nebraska vet says worst of livestock health effects still to come
- How Early is Too Early?
- Nebraska crisis; cattlemen flooded with no place to go
- THE COWBOY WAY: Bullriders help finance search efforts for livestock on Pine Ridge Reservation
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus