Nathan Palm Angus 4th Annual Production Sale
March 14, 2016
Date: Feb. 21, 2016
Location: Watertown, S.D.
Auctioneer: Seth Weishaar
32 Bulls – $4,039
12 Females – $4,700
Recommended Stories For You
21 Embryos – $260
1 Flush – $3,000
Nathan Palm hosted his fourth annual production sale to a full crowd at Glacial Lakes Livestock in Watertown. Focusing on EPDS, Nathan sells long aged bulls and a select group of females. Nathan has built a very loyal customer base.
Once again the female division topped the sale an own daughter of Connealy Black Granite brought $11,500 selling to MJF Angus of Bath, S.D. MJF also bought lot 52, a high performance SAV Harvestor daughter, for $8,000.
The Harvestors were also popular on the bull side, the high selling bull was lot 1, who sold for $8,250 to Dusty Lawrence of Rosholt, S.D. Next Maxx Hunt of Gary, S.D., purchased a Direct son, lot 7, of SAV Angus Valley out of the famed Donna cow for $6,250.
The next two high sellers were worth $6,000 each. The first one was a full brother to the last bull. Lot 6 went to Mark and Darren Schmidt of Gary. Finally another performance bull, this time sired by EXAR Upshot, lot 27, sold to Randy Beckham of Peever, S.D.
Trending In: Production Sale Reports
- Roberts says farm bill deal close as lobbying continues
- USDA, FDA will oversee cell-cultured proteins
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus
- Forage 2017: It’s a wrap–Bale wrap innovations work to solve ranchers’ problems
- Skin Problems in Young Cattle: Warts and Ringworm