Powder River Angus Annual Bull Sale
March 14, 2016
Date: February 12, 2016 Location: Buffalo Livestock Auction, Buffalo, WY
Auctioneer: Mark McNamee
TSLN Rep: Rowdy Benson
142 Angus yearling bulls averaged: $6,000
It was a spectacular day at Buffalo, WY for the Powder River Angus Annual Bull Sale. And what a spectacular set of bulls offered by Neal and Amanda Sorenson and Kale and Kim Kretschman. These bulls are born and raised where corn don't grow but by looking at them you wouldn't know. There was a very impressive look and style the bulls had that made the bidders hands go up like popcorn in a kettle. The only thing that could have outdone the bulls this year was the hospitality. You won't buy better bulls from better people. Here is how it all shook out:
Recommended Stories For You
Lot 11, PRA Cash 5138, cashed in for $16,000 to Lund's B Bar Angus of Wibaux, MT. This Barstow Cash son posted EPDs of BW 0.5, WW 64, YW 116, and Milk 21. He was born 2/28/15 at 89 pounds and weighed 786 pounds on his 205 wt.
Lot 4, PRA Motive 501, sold for $11,000 to Paint Rock Angus of Hyattville, WY. This Soo Line Motive 9016 son weighed 79 pounds when born on 1/23/15 and 761 pounds at 205 days. His EPDs include BW 0.9, WW 56, YW 98, and Milk 29.
Selling for $9,500 was Lot 37, PRA Cash 5133, to Irvin Lustk of Wheatland, WY. Another Barstow Cash son who posts EPDs of BW 1.7, WW 60, YW 106, and Milk 17. He was born 2/28/15 at 85 pounds and was 756 pounds at 205 days.
Again at $9,500 was Lot 78, RTA Cash 562, heading to Douglas, WY with Josh Moore. Another good Barstow Cash son who has EPDs of BW -0.8, WW 49, YW 93, and Milk 19. He weighed 71 pounds at birth on 2/2/15 and 731 pounds at 205 days.
Lot 5, PRA Onward 5191, sold for $9,000 to Ballek Livestock of Clearmont, WY. This Sitz Onward 495R son posts EPDs of BW 0.6, WW 55, YW 93, and Milk 25. He was born 3/2/15 and weighed 82 pounds and 817 pounds at 205 days respectively.
Last but not least selling for $9,000 was Lot 102, RTA Chinook 598, to James Hall of Gillette, WY. This Shipwheel Chinook son performed well from birth on 3/11/15 weighing 70 pounds to his 205 day of 783 pounds. He records EPDs of BW -1.1, WW 57, YW 99, and Milk 27. F
Trending In: Production Sale Reports
- Oakwater Ranch / Rocking Arrow 39th Annual Charolais Bull Sale
- Pieper Red Angus 29th Annual Performance Leader Production Sale
- Brooks Chalky Butte Angus Ranch 2019 Production Sale
- Nelson Livestock Company “Bulls Built For The Big Country” Annual Bull Sale
- Weber Charolais & Red Angus Farm Annual Production Sale
- ‘Prayers and Perseverance’ Nebraska vet says worst of livestock health effects still to come
- How Early is Too Early?
- Nebraska crisis; cattlemen flooded with no place to go
- THE COWBOY WAY: Bullriders help finance search efforts for livestock on Pine Ridge Reservation
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus