R and R Cattle Co. Annual Bull and Female Sale
May 28, 2015
Date: Friday Feb 20
Location: Chamberlain Livestock
Auctioneer: Chisum Peterson
50 Yearling Simmental and Simm Angus bulls – $6,155
9 Heifer calves – $3,139
Recommended Stories For You
Steve and Elaine Reimer offer purebred Simmentals as well as hybrids in different percentages. This family has been in the business a long time and are great to work with. Their influence in the community is obvious and the active bidding from neighbors and out-of-state producers evidenced the success of their program.
Guest consignrs Cable C Cross Ranch, Pukwana have sold with the Reimer family for several years and continue to be well-received by the bidding crowd.
High seller: lot 27, $12,000 to Jay Hennessey, Des Lacs, S.D.
R and R Mr. United BO49 is a high volume, moderate framed son of W/C United out of a high performing cow family. The 5/8 Simmental bull posted a birthweight of BW 86 pounds, weaning weight of 814 pounds and a yearling weight of 1,498 pounds.
Second high seller: lot 26, $11,500 to Western Cattle Source, Crawford, Neb.
This W/C United son posted the following numbers: BW 87 pounds, WW 812 pounds, YW 1,466 pounds.
The big bodied bull with large scrotal circumference displayed these EPDs: BW.7, WW 81 weaning, YW 131, M 25.
Third high seller: Lot 14, $10,250 to Mack Tooke, Ekalaka, Mont.
This Mr. HOC Broker son weaned at 826 pounds and weighed 1,422 as a yearling. Balanced and stout, the purebred solid black bull comes from a great producing cow family.
Fourth high seller: Lot 3, $10,000 to longtime buyer Steve Kubik, Hamill, S.D.
The 5/8 Simmental son of Mr. NLC Upgrade posted an 880 pound weaning weight, 1,604 yearling weight and he ratiod 114 at weaning and 115 as a yearling.
Lot 4, $9,500, to Clay Kaelberer, New Salem, N.D.
This 3/4 blood Simmental was Upgrade son is a full brother to R and R Chamberlain. The bull weighed 858 at weaning and 1,525 as a yearling.
High selling heifer calf, lot 65, $5,000, to Jesse Kohl, Lisbon, Iowa. This Razor daughter was purebred Simmental.
The top selling Cable C Cross Ranch (Harley and Dawn Cable) bull went home with Jim Ketelhut, Pukwana, S.D., for $8,500. Lot 47, an R and R Chamberlain son, posted a weaning weight of 889 pounds and a yearling weight of 1,607 pounds.
Trending In: Production Sale Reports
- Oakwater Ranch / Rocking Arrow 39th Annual Charolais Bull Sale
- Pieper Red Angus 29th Annual Performance Leader Production Sale
- Brooks Chalky Butte Angus Ranch 2019 Production Sale
- Nelson Livestock Company “Bulls Built For The Big Country” Annual Bull Sale
- Weber Charolais & Red Angus Farm Annual Production Sale
- ‘Prayers and Perseverance’ Nebraska vet says worst of livestock health effects still to come
- How Early is Too Early?
- Nebraska crisis; cattlemen flooded with no place to go
- THE COWBOY WAY: Bullriders help finance search efforts for livestock on Pine Ridge Reservation
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus