Topp Herefords 16th Annual Production Sale
March 16, 2016
Date: Feb. 12, 2016
Location: The ranch, near Grace City, N.D.
Auctioneer: Roger Jacobs
TSLN Rep: Scott Dirk
151 Yearling bulls – $10,318
Recommended Stories For You
5 Mature bulls – $6,600
23 Open registered heifers – $5,880
6 Bred heifers – $8,416
11 Cow calf pairs – $7,705
2 Ranch geldings – $13,000
Even on a bitter cold and windy day, the large and enthusiastic crowd had the chance to enjoy the Topp Hereford sale in the beautiful home sale facility for the second year. Topp Herefords offered top quality genetics again this year thanks in part to an extensive ET program that allowed them to produce 30 more bulls without compromising quality.
Topp Herefords takes a genuine interest in the success of their bulls by offering marketing options for their customers' calves, including a forward contracting opportunity and a heifer development program.
Some things to mention, Topp Hereford feeder calf buy back program.
• Top seller: Lot 7, TH 403A 475Z Stockman 358C, a Jan. 9, 2015 son of TH 89T 755T Stockman 475Z. Herd bull supreme with EPDs of BW 3.1, WW 54, YW 97, Milk 22, M&G 49. The bull sold to Upstream Ranch, Nebraska, Blairs Ag, Canada, Tim and Mary Mansfield, Australia and Tom Ostermeier, Iowa, for $205,000.
• Second high seller: Lot 58, TH GL 35A 17Y Lambeau 121C a Jan. 21, 2015 son of TH 22R 16S Lambeau 17Y with EPDs of BW 0.5, WW 46, YW 84, Milk 19, M&G 42. Sexon Technology, Texas, was the buyer at $42,000.
• Third high seller: Lot 8, TH 403A 475Z Stockman 351C, a Jan. 3, 2015 son of TH 89T 755T Stockman 475Z with EPDs of BW 2.5, WW 50, YW 83, Milk 22, M&G 47 sold to BNC Polled Herefords, Chicago, Illinois, for $39,000.
• Fourth high seller: Lot 10, TH 167A 475Z Stockman 508C, a Mar. 10, 2015 son of TH 89T 755T Stockman 475Z sold to Maher Ranch, Timber Lake, S.D., for $37,500. This bull had EPDs of BW 3.5, WW 57, YW 97, Milk 24, M&G 52.
• Fifth high seller: Lot 6, TH 409A 475Z Stockman 361C, a Jan. 14, 2015 son of TH 89T 755T Stockman 475Z with EPDs of BW 1.9, WW 54, YW 86, Milk 25 M&G 52 sold to Select Sires, Plain City, Ohio, for $26,000.
• Sixth high seller: Lot 12, TH 4A Stockman 509C, a Mar. 10, 2015 son of TH 89T 755T Stockman 475Z with EPDs of BW 4.0, WW 56, YW 90, Milk 26, M&G 54 sold to Russ Stein, Taylor, N.D., for $25,000.
• Seventh high seller: Lot 94, TH 60A 400Z Dynasty 359C, a Jan. 13 son of TH 71U Dynasty 400Z with EPDs of BW -0.4, WW 40, YW 67, Milk 24, M&G 44 selling to Grassy Run Farms, West Virginia, and Alta Genetics for $21,000.
• High selling female: Topping the female division of the sale was lot 171, TH 403A 475Z Rita 352C, a Jan. 5, 2015 open heifer sired by TH 89T 755T Stockman 475Z with EPDs of BW 2.5, WW 50, YW 83, Milk 22, M&G 47. Blairs Ag, Canada was the buyer at $25,000.
• Second high selling female: Lot 172, TH 98T 409X Gemini 434C a Mar. 9, 2015 open heifer sired by TH 223 71I Conquer 409X sold to Curtis Castle, Crawford, Oklahoma, for $17,000. This heifer has EPDs of BW 5.9, WW 61, YW 93, Milk 19, M&G 50.
• Third high selling female: Selling at $13,000 was lot 196, TH 512X 145Y Dominette 508B, a Jan. 31, 2014 daughter of FTF Prospector 145Y with EPDs of BW 1.0 WW 61 YW 102 Milk 25 M&G 55. This heifer was bred to TH 90U 17Y Lambeau 148B for a mid March calf and sold to Roy Elger, CA. F
Trending In: Production Sale Reports
- Grady Ruble is new SDSU Extension cow/calf field specialist
- Justine Nelson enjoys ranch work, tack creation
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus
- Skin Problems in Young Cattle: Warts and Ringworm
- How to deal with ticks on horses, and what health issues to watch for