ZumBrunnen Angus Bull Sale
March 15, 2018
Date of Sale: March 6, 2018
Location: Niobrara Co. Fairgrounds, Lusk, Wyoming
Auctioneer: Lex Madden
TSLN Rep: Scott Dirk
49 Yearling Angus bulls – $3,360
Recommended Stories For You
Jason and Shirley along with Mel and Lola ZumBrunnen presented a very nice set of yearling Angus bulls for their annual production sale. The ZumBrunnen family has been in the purebred Angus business since 1948. With Jason taking the reins more the past few years they have implemented an ET program along with extensive AI protocol, advancing the genetics of the cowherd.
The top selling bull was lot 3, ZA Freedom G6800, a Sept. 2016, son of BAldridge Bullet B720 with EPDs of: CED 5 BW 2 WW 69 YW 121 Milk 15 selling to Harold Miller, Lance Creek, Wyoming, for $7,000.
Lot 20, ZA Combination G7028, a Feb. 2017, son of Connealy Combination 0188 with EPDs of: CED 8 BW -0.2 WW 61 YW 110 Milk 21 sold to Turtle Creek Ranch, Glenrock, Wyoming, for $6,000.
Lot 33, ZA Capitalist G7193, a Feb. 2017, son of Connealy Capitalist with weaning ratio of 106 sold to Ken Dixon, Lance Creek, for $5,750.
Lot 5, ZA Fortress G7121, a March 2017, son of KCF Bennett Fortress sold to Dennis Horton, Riverton, Wyoming, for $5,350.
Trending In: Production Sale Reports
- USDA, FDA will oversee cell-cultured proteins
- Forage 2017: It’s a wrap–Bale wrap innovations work to solve ranchers’ problems
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus
- Justine Nelson enjoys ranch work, tack creation
- Grady Ruble is new SDSU Extension cow/calf field specialist