2010 AQHA World Show activities slated for Nov. 6-20
October 25, 2010
The American Quarter Horse Association World Championship Show is coming Nov. 6-20 to State Fair Park in Oklahoma City. There are 94 world championships up for grabs as American Quarter Horses from across the country and the world come to compete. With all the exciting competition also come some special events and demonstrations you won’t want to miss!
• Help us celebrate Veteran’s Day at the World Show on Thursday, Nov. 11, with an all-day patriotic tribute. Show your support for our veterans and troops by wearing red and picking up a flag button at the Quarter Horse Outfitters booth in the Travel and Transportation Building. The American Quarter Horse Foundation and America’s Horse Cares will be providing music, stories, flag presentations and other entertainment throughout the day.
• Wear pink on Saturday, Nov. 13, to honor horsemen and women who have fought a battle with cancer. The Rein in Cancer event will take place during the evening finals performance.
• The American Quarter Horse Journal is sponsoring an exhibitor appreciation reception on Tuesday, Nov. 16, at 7:30 p.m. You will have a chance to check out this year’s Farnam Superhorse contenders in a special parade.
• When the top equestrian drill teams from Texas and Oklahoma face off, the result is an all-out Battle of the Borders. This showdown between the Liberty County 4-H Rebel Riders and the Freedom Riders of Oklahoma will take place during the 7 p.m. finals on Friday, Nov. 19.
• The Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association, an AQHA alliance partner, will present a demonstration on Saturday, Nov. 20, during the evening finals. You can experience the excitement of this growing event as riders gallop their American Quarter Horses through a pattern while shooting at targets.
Recommended Stories For You
• The Built Ford Tough Club is back this year. Located inside State Fair Arena in Section 300, the club has a great view above the entrance alleyway into the coliseum. The Built Ford Tough Club will have a cash bar with light hors d’oeuvres available each evening. Access to the club is by membership only. Tickets are only $20 a day, $100 a week or $150 for the entire show.
• Two evenings of Margarita Madness will take place during the show. Justin Boots is hosting the first event from 5-6:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 12. John Deere and AQHA Members Plus are teaming up to host the second evening of madness from 5 to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 18.
The World Show is the pinnacle event for American Quarter Horse owners and exhibitors around the world, who must qualify for the event by earning a predetermined number of points to compete in each of the classes representing halter, English and western disciplines. More than 3,300 entries from the United States, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom and Venezuela are competing at this year’s event.
The 2010 World Show is set to be a memorable time with tough competition as well as fun and exciting special events. Be sure to purchase a World Show program at the show so you’ll know all about what’s happening and have a chance to win great prizes. Also, visit http://www.aqha.com and http://www.facebook.com/aqha1 for more information, news and updates.