2010 Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium is November 20-22
The seventh annual Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium (NYBLS) is scheduled at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) Animal Science Complex Nov. 20-22. The symposium is designed to introduce youth to career opportunities and current issues in the beef industry, as well as offer education and practice in the use of leadership skills.
Six participants in the symposium will be awarded a $500 College of Agriculture and Natural Resources scholarship.
More than 30 private and corporate businesses in Nebraska help support the symposium.
Room and all meals are provided.
• Goal setting and leadership development;
• Trip to the University Research Facility located at Mead, NE;
• Taste panel and project with Chris Calkins and guest chef;
• Hands-on presentations on innovative cattle production practices;
• Career panel discussion and networking with beef industry leaders and NYBLS sponsors; and
• Develop a marketing plan for a beef product.
To hold your spot in the Nebraska Beef Youth Leadership Symposium, complete the registration forms and send them, along with a check for the $30 registration fee, by Oct. 1, 2010. The late registration fee (due Oct. 19) is $50.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Livestock Publications Council once again chose Tri-State Livestock News as the top livestock newspaper in the nation. Freelance writer Tamara Choat’s “Never enough: Valley Oaks closes doors after harrassment, lawsuits abound” story was selected…