2011 American Sheep Industry and National Lamb Feeders Convene Jan. 19-22 in Reno
The 2011 American Sheep Industry Association (ASI)/National Lamb Feeders Association Convention is just around the corner. Registrations can still be submitted, although the deadline for the early registration rate has passed. To obtain a registration form, go to http://www.sheepusa.org/Annual_Convention.
A number of exciting events/speakers have been confirmed for this meeting.
• The second phase of the research on nontraditional marketing in the U.S. will be released.
• The inaugural meeting of the new National Sheep Industry Improvement Center will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 18, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Under Secretary Edward Avalos will address the board of directors on Friday, Jan. 21, and will also be attending many of the council and committee meetings taking place on Thursday and Friday.
• Brian Briggeman with the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City will be providing attendees an analysis of the economics of agriculture on Saturday, Jan. 22.
• There will be an international wool situation report given on Saturday, Jan. 22, by Chris Wilcox, a leading analyst and commentator on the global wool industry.
• Dave Pratt will be offering two half-day sessions of his popular business school for the livestock industry, Ranching for Profit, on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning, Jan. 19 and 20.
To help attendees prepare for the upcoming meeting, the council and committee agendas have been uploaded to the ASI Web site at http://www.sheepusa.org/Meeting_Agendas.
The convention will be held at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Hotel in Reno, NV, on Jan. 19-22.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User