2011 AQHA convention: Entertainment and farm tours
During the 2011 AQHA Convention, March 4-7, Paul Bogart will be singing, and a tour offers a look at six horse farms.
Attendees will need dancing and walking boots for the 2011 AQHA Convention. That’s because AQHA member and country music singer Paul Bogart will be providing the post-awards banquet dancing music on Saturday, March 5. The next day, AQHA is offering a day-long tour of six horse farms to convention attendees.
AQHA member and exhibitor Paul Bogart has his feet firmly planted in two worlds that he loves: American Quarter Horses and country music. And on Saturday, March 5, he’s bringing his music to the 2011 AQHA Convention in a post-awards banquet concert for all convention attendees. So make sure you get convention registration and hotel reservations made by the Feb. 2 cut-off date.
The farm tours on Sunday, March 6, include:
• Green Valley Ranch in Aubrey, owned by Wallis and Jane Winegar and home to reining stallions Master Snapper and Chocolate Chic Olena
• Valor Farm in Pilot Point, owned by AQHA Past President Clarence Scharbauer and home to the 1987 Kentucky Derby winner, Alysheba
• JEH Stallion Station and JEH Equine Reproduction Specialists in Pilot Point, owned by AQHA Past President Jim Helzer and wife Marilyn, and home to American Quarter Horse racing’s former all-time leading money earner, Refrigerator
• Carol Rose Quarter Horses in Gainesville, known as AQHA’s all-time leading breeder of performance horses
• Highpoint Performance Horses in Pilot Point, owned by AQHA Professional Horsemen Jason Martin and Charlie Cole, known for its all-around trainers, AQHA Superhorses and breeding
• Main River Quarter Horses in Gainesville, owned by current AQHA President Johannes Orgeldinger and wife Astrid, and known for its breeding of excellent cutting and reining horses.
The all-day tour will allow visitors to see these world-renowned reining, cutting, racing and breeding facilities. Feb. 15 is the deadline to purchase tickets, which are $50 per person. In addition to bus transportation to and from the Gaylord Texan hotel, lunch will also be provided. To reserve your spot, call or e-mail Kay Preston at 806-378-4344 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Montana Angus Tour was September 21-23, 2021 in the northern part of the state.