2012 Kurt Bucholz Award nominations sought
CHEYENNE – The Wyoming Stock Growers Land Trust is seeking nominations for the Kurt Bucholz Award, which honors an individual who exemplifies the core beliefs held by Dr. Bucholz during his lifetime of dedicated public service and commitment to conservation.
The award was created in memory of Kurt Bucholz, DVM, a legislator and rancher from Saratoga, WY. His wife, Laura Bucholz, and the Stock Growers Ag Land Trust Board of Directors established the award in Dr. Bucholz’s name in 2008. The award is presented each year to an individual who represents his conservation values, especially the conservation of working ranches.
“The Bucholz Award emphasizes the role of private enterprise and initiative in the conservation of Wyoming’s working landscapes,” Dr. John Lunt, former Stock Growers Land Trust board member and 2009 award recipient, said. “This sets it apart from other such recognitions.”
The Kurt Bucholz award is presented by the Stock Growers Ag Land Trust at its Annual Roundup Barbecue. Past award recipients are: Dennis Sun, 2008; Dr. John Lunt,- 2009; Joe Glode, 2010; and Jim Chant, 2011. Each year, renowned artist Jerry Palen volunteers his time and talent to create a bronze award depicting the Stock Growers Land Trust horse and rider logo.
Support Local Journalism
Individuals eligible for nomination will have achieved a lasting impact in one or more of the following ways:
• Ardent supporter of conserving Wyoming’s working landscapes and one who recognizes the indispensible role of ranching in this endeavor.
• Astute and successful rancher and land steward who has been active in state and/or national natural resource issues, and a strong proponent of private enterprise and private solutions for conservation in Wyoming.
• A background of actions promoting the bedrock importance of water to Wyoming and the vital significance of protecting traditional water rights.
• A strong and abiding interest in hunting and wildlife and a personal commitment to habitat conservation.
Submissions are due by May 30, 2012. Please send nominations and letter of explanation to email@example.com.
– Wyoming Stock Growers Agricultural Land Trust
Support Local Journalism
Readers like you make the Tri-State Livestock News’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, relevant coverage of the livestock industry.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User