2012 Spring Calf and Crop Spectacular!
The 2012 Spring Calf and Crop Spectacular, a publication of Tri-State Livestock News, provides valuable information on reproduction, genetics, management, behavior, and health.
Here’s what’s inside this edition:
Range and pasture management
– Use of weed control herbicides.
– Develop a grazing strategy to avoid overgrazing.
– Forage insurance options for ranchers.
– Strategies to test the forages that you have.
– Sampling techniques and methods.
Magagement of Spring animal health
– Proper vaccinations.
– Clincial signals and signs leading to scours.
– Fly control vigilance.
– Proper care for prolaspes when they occur.
– Taking advantage of cover crops.
– Planting the seed of agriculture in today’s youth.
– Return bull addresses
– Original Outtagrass Cattle Company cartoon penned by Jan Swan Wood.