2012 Winter Cattle Journal
January 6, 2012
The 2012 Winter Cattle Journal, a publication of Tri-State Livestock News, provides valuable information on reproduction, genetics, training and behavior, and health.
Here’s what’s inside this edition:
Sale Day Savvy suggestions
– Avoid data overload when selecting new herd sires.
– See what tools ranchers are using, and ignoring, when they make cattle purchases.
– Things to consider when purchasing cattle as an absentee bidder.
Recommended Stories For You
– Do your homework before purchasing cattle online.
Newborn calf health
– How to go about warming cold calves and assisting calves that don’t breathe at birth.
– Proper nutrition of mother cows are important before, during and after calving.
– How to help mother and calf through the bonding process.
Genetics and reproduction
– Strategies to get two-year-old cows to breed back.
– Sexed semen economically viable for the beef industry.
– A rancher’s guide to genomics.
– Olsen Ranches progeny-tests young Hereford sires.
– Blair Brothers Angus
– Hebbert Charolais
– Mt. Rushmore Angus
– TC Ranch
– Original Outtagrass Cattle Company cartoon penned by Jan Swan Wood.