2014 Top Hand Competition to be Feb. 3 at the Black Hills Stock Show
January 31, 2014
Top Hand Competition 2014 Ground Rules
Monday, Feb. 3, 2014, 10 a.m.
Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, Barnett Arena
Produced by Sutton Rodeos Inc.
Calcutta: 5 p.m. in the Cowboy Bar (upstairs of the food court) the eight finals teams and all of their team members must be present.
Top Hand Competition
Recommended Stories For You
• Teams consist of four members.
• The preliminary round consists of three events: Team Sorting, Team Mugging, and Range Branding.
• The top eight teams with the fastest accumulated time in the three prelim events will advance to the finals.
• All events for both the prelim and finals have a two minute time limit. If a team gets a no time they will have 120 seconds added to their total accumulative time.
• Any team may be disqualified at any time for unnecessary roughness to cattle or horses, or for interfering with another team; this is at the judge's discretion.
• The final round will be held in conjunction with the Saddle Bronc Futurity Feb 3, 7:30 p.m. (that night).
• The finials are a progressive competition with eight teams all starting fresh at zero time.
• The finals first event is Wild Cow Milking, the two teams with the slowest times will be eliminated.
• The top six teams advance to the Ranch Bronc Riding.
• The four teams with the highest marked bronc rides will advance to the final event the two teams with the lowest scores will be eliminated.
• The final event is the Trailer Relay Race after this event points/times will be totaled to determine the champions and average monies.
• Prizes will be awarded to the team champions (all team members must be present) as well as top hand and top steed awards in the arena immediately following the Top Hand Finals.
Each Preliminary Event will pay: 1st $600, 2nd $400, based on 36 entries.
The Finals will pay four average places based on overall results:
1st $4,000, 2nd, $3,000, 3rd, $2,000, 4th, $1,000