American Lamb Board plans promotion events for February 2012
DENVER, CO – Throughout the month of February, the American Lamb Board (ALB) is calling all fans of lamb to show some love. ALB is offering fun ewe-nique ways to celebrate Lamb Lovers Month, including:
• Lamb Lovers Month challenge and Grand Lamb Getaway. Fans of lamb can submit their sure-fire recipes for romance or snap a photo of their favorite lamb dish at home or at a restaurant to be entered to win a grand lamb lovers prize. One lucky winner will be offered a romantic trip for two to experience the 2012 Lamb Jam Masters competition at Savor the Central Coast in San Luis Obispo, CA (Sept. 29-Oct. 1), with paid for domestic airfare, accommodations for two nights and two tickets to Lamb Jam Masters.
To enter the 2012 Lamb Lovers Month Challenge, visit http://www.LambLoversMonth.com to submit swoon-worthy photos or recipes for romance. All recipe and photo entries must include a short love letter about American Lamb.
• Lamb Lovers Month cooking classes at Sur la Table. In a first-ever partnership with Sur la Table, the ALB’s “Shepherd-to-Chef” campaign will tour the country to host a cooking class series sharing the basics of lamb cuts, butchery, prep tips and cooking techniques with easy and elegant recipes featuring local lamb. Classes will take place throughout February in New York City, Boston, Portland, Arlington and Los Angeles. For a complete class schedule, visit http://www.surlatable.com/category/Web-Cooking-Root/Cooking-Classes.
• Boston Lamb Jam, Feb. 19, 2012. The ALB is partnering with http://www.BostonChefs.com to bring together dozens of top local chefs for the third annual American Lamb Jam on Sunday, Feb. 19, from 3-6 p.m. at The Charles Hotel in Cambridge. Hosted by TV Diner’s Billy Costa, lamb loving chefs will create luscious lamb dishes paired with local beers from area breweries and compete for the ultimate title of Boston Lamb Master and an opportunity to battle other top lamb-loving chefs at a Master Lamb Jam this fall. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.FansofLambBoston.com.
• Los Angeles Lamb Showdown, Feb. 20, 2012. Food GPS presents the inaugural Lamb Showdown, when Chef Walter Manzke from upcoming Republique, and Zach Pollack and Steve Samson, chefs and co-owners of Sottowill go head-to-head for grand lamb glory. Guests will enjoy a six-course meal, with four savory courses featuring American lamb, and two desserts starring sheep’s milk dairy. Diners will decide which chef delivers the boldest flavor, most originality and best presentation. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.foodgps.com/lamb-showdown-walter-manzke-zach-pollack-steve-samson.
• Seattle Food & Wine Experience, Feb. 26, 2012. The ALB will be participating at the premier wine and food event in the Pacific Northwest. From Noon-5 p.m., fans of lamb can head to the Seattle Center Exhibition Hall for luscious tastes of local lamb. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.seattlewineandfoodexperience.com.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User