American Sheep Industry: Consider fed funding needs
The House Agriculture and Interior Appropriations Subcommittees have notified members of the U.S. House of Representatives that they have until early March to submit funding, program and policy requests for the FY 2017 appropriations cycle. Many Members of Congress have internal deadlines well in advance of the Appropriations Committee deadlines for their requests. As such, we need you to contact your House and Senate Members as soon as possible to make your requests. Sheep industry priorities include:
• Increase grazing related sheep research at the U.S. Sheep Experiment Station and Animal Disease Research Unit (Agriculture Subcommittee)
• Provide no less than $19 million for small ruminant health within the APHIS/VS “Equine, Cervid and Small Ruminant” Health Line (Agriculture Subcommittee)
• Provide no less than FY 2016 appropriation for Wildlife Damage Management (Agriculture Subcommittee)
• Support bill and report language requiring suitable alternative allotments for sheep operators whose permits in bighorn habitat are subject to being reduced and the use of sound science in the decision criteria. (Interior Subcommittee)
• NRSP-7 funding for a program that facilities approval of pharmaceuticals for minor species.
Briefing documents can also be accessed through the Legislative Action Center of http://www.sheepusa.org. Steps to effectively and efficiently make your requests are also available online.
–American Sheep Industry
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User