Changes to 43rd annual NILE
BILLINGS, MT – Just one day from the month anniversary of the devastating tornado that struck the MetraPark Arena, the Northern International Livestock Exposition (NILE) has announced changes that will be made been made to accommodate the week-long NILE Stock Show, ProRodeo and Western Expo.
It was important for us to keep every aspect of the October NILE in Billings,” said General Manager Justin Mills. “This is an organization born out of this community that is dedicated to promoting Montana’s number one industry (agriculture) to the world and I believe people will be quite surprised at how well the NILE will go this year.”
Listed are some of the major changes for 2010:
NILE Stock Show:
Support Local Journalism
• A livestock will be stalled in the Montana Pavilion, Heritage Building, and Sandstone Building.
• NO unplanned schedule changes have been made at this time.
• Tenting will be used for Show Ring.
• All Horse Sales have been moved to the Expo Center Arena.
• Van Hargis clinic has been postponed one year.
• Josh Bilbrey will be clinician for NILE Raffle Filly
• NO other unplanned schedule changes have been made at this time.
• All Trade Show Booths and Entertainment Stage will be located in the remaining part of the Expo Center Large Bay and all of Expo Center Small Bay.
Ranch Rodeo Finals:
• The NILE Ranch Rodeo Finals have been moved to Tuesday, Oct. 12th, 2010 at 7 p.m. in the Expo Center Arena. The Finals will consist of twelve teams from across the region that have won at sanctioned events through the summer.
• Working with MetraPark to bring in 3,500 to 4,000 seats.
• Adding one (1) additional performance to make four (4) performances: Oct. 13, 14, 15, and 16 starting at 7 p.m. each night.
• Added money will be at $7,500 for 2011 versus $10,000 in the past due to less revenue in ticket sales.
Finally, NILE Rodeo tickets are on sale to the public as of today. For information and to purchase tickets, call the NILE office at 406-256-295 or go to http://www.thenile.org.
Overall, the NILE is confident that this 43rd annual NILE Stock Show, ProRodeo, & Western Expo, while having considerable changes, will be an environment that will be very exciting for any attendee.
Support Local Journalism
Readers like you make the Tri-State Livestock News’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, relevant coverage of the livestock industry.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User