Chemigation training sessions offered across Neb.
February 20, 2015
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension will conduct chemigation certification training sessions from early March through early April at Scottsbluff, Sidney, Bridgeport, Alliance and Valentine.
Producers who plan to apply crop nutrients and pesticides through irrigation systems during 2015, including those whose 2014 permits expired Dec. 31, are required to attend a training session and pass the test administered afterward. Attendees are asked to pre-register at the extension office whose session they plan to attend. They will receive a training manual and calibration workbook to review before the training session.
On the day of the session, they are asked to bring the manual, calibration workbook, No. 2 pencil, and a calculator. There is no charge. Training and testing will take approximately 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours.
Dates, times and locations for the training sessions are listed below.
· Scottsbluff, March 10, 1 p.m., UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center Contact 308-632-1230.
· Sidney, March 11, 1 p.m., Country Inn & Suites. Contact 308-254-4455.
Recommended Stories For You
· Bridgeport, March 24, 1 p.m., Prairie Winds Community Center. Contact 308-632-1230.
· Alliance, March 31, 9 a.m. and 1,30 p.m., Box Butte County Extension Office. Contact 308-762-5616.
· Valentine, April 7, 1 p.m. (CDT), Cherry County Extension Office. Contact 402-376-1850.
– UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center