Equity Livestock awards $5K in scholarships
BARABOO, WI – The Baraboo-based Equity Cooperative Livestock Sales Association has announced the names of 10 college students who will receive $500 scholarships.
The winners were chosen from more than 70 applicants this year. The scholarships are funded through Cooperative Network’s Federated Youth Foundation and selected by the Cooperative Network. To be eligible, students or their parents are patron members of Equity Livestock. Applicants must have completed at least two semesters at a post secondary college or university and one semester at a techni- cal school, as well as maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. One recipient was selected in each of Equity’s 10 districts.
Winning scholarship recipients include:
• District I – Arlington/Johnson Creek — Kate Griswold, Black Earth, studying life sciences communications at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
• District II – Lomira — Nicole Cummings, Endeavor, studying animal science at Colorado State University.
• District III – Reedsville — Phillip Mercier, New Franklin, studying medicine at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
• District IV – Bonduel/Marion — Ashley Ainsworth, Shawano, studying animal science at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
• District V – Stratford — Jessica Tyler, Granton, studying elementary and special education at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.
• District VI – Altoona/Barron — Brian Guza, Taylor, studying mechanical engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
• District VII – Sparta — Mikayla Horstman, Bangor, studying agribusiness and soil and crop science at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
• District VIII – Monroe — Tierney Reilly, Shullsburg, studying animal science/business administration at Colorado State University.
• District IX – Richland Center — Emily Rebhan, Cazenovia, studying agricultural communications at UW-Richland.
• District X – Waukon — Lexie Sander, Wauzeka, studying animal science at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
Applicants were judged on their scholastic achievement, extra curricular activities, leadership abilities, academic and personal goals, and an essay summarizing educational goals and future career plans.
Equity operates 12 auction markets and services producers in six states with the marketing, managing and financing of their agricultural business. F
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User