Farmers Union scholarship: $25,000 to be awarded to high school seniors
January 28, 2011
HURON, SD – Farmers Union Insurance, in cooperation with the South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation, is proud to renew its commitment to the “Insuring a Brighter Tomorrow” scholarship program for 2011. For the fourth straight year, $25,000 in scholarships will be awarded to South Dakota high school seniors. Twenty-five high school seniors from across the state who plan to continue post-secondary education at a college, university, or technical school in the state of South Dakota will each receive $1,000.
The scholarships are funded with support from Farmers Union Insurance agents in South Dakota and the South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation. The application deadline is April 15, 2011. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the applicant’s academic records, school and community involvement, and financial need. The applicant will also be required to submit a written essay entitled, “How do you hope to impact a Brighter Tomorrow in South Dakota?”
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
• South Dakota high school senior whose parent or parents are current policyholders of Farmers Union Insurance
• Member of South Dakota Farmers Union
• A “Friend of the Farmers Union Foundation” (Defined as those who have contributed $25 or more to the Foundation in the past year)
Recommended Stories For You
• Participant in any South Dakota High School Activities Association (SDHSAA) sanctioned event
• Complete the application form (Available from school counselors, local Farmers Union Insurance Agents, or at http://www.sdfufoundation.org )
• Provide a copy of high school Transcript and ACT/SAT score
• Provide a letter of recommendation
• Submit a written essay (less than 500 words)
• Provide a billfold-sized portrait picture
Application deadline is April 15, 2011 (postmark date). Return application to: Farmers Union Insurance, Attn: Wayne Bartscher, P.O. Box 1388, Huron, SD 57350.
For more information, call Farmers Union Insurance: 1-800-933-2841.