Farmers Union scholarship applications now available
For the eighth year in a row, Farmers Union Insurance Agency, in cooperation with the South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation, is offering $25,000 in scholarships to eligible high school seniors in South Dakota through the “Insuring a Brighter Tomorrow” scholarship program.
Twenty-five high school seniors from across the state who plan to continue post-secondary education at a college, university, or technical school in the state of South Dakota will each receive $1,000.
The scholarships are funded with support from Farmers Union Insurance agents in South Dakota and the South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation. The application deadline is April 15, 2015. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the applicant’s academic records, school and community involvement, and financial need. The applicant will also be required to submit a written essay called, “How do you hope to impact a Brighter Tomorrow in South Dakota?”
Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
Support Local Journalism
• South Dakota high school senior whose parent or parents are current policyholders of Farmers Union Insurance Agency
• Member of South Dakota Farmers Union
• A “Friend of the Farmers Union Foundation” (Defined as those who have contributed $25 or more to the Foundation in the past year)
• Participant in any South Dakota High School Activities Association (SDHSAA) sanctioned event
• Complete application form
• Provide copy of high school transcript and ACT/SAT score
• Provide a letter of recommendation
• Submit written essay (less than 500 words)
• Provide wallet-sized portrait picture
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 15, 2015 (Postmark Date)
Return Materials to: Farmers Union Insurance Agency
Attn: Wayne Bartscher
P.O. Box 1388
Huron, SD 57350
For more information call Farmers Union Insurance: 1-800-933-2841.
–Farmers Union Insurance Agency
Support Local Journalism
Readers like you make the Tri-State Livestock News’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, relevant coverage of the livestock industry.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User