FSA sets new deadlines for signing up for farm programs
The Farm Service Agency today tweeted new deadlines for signing up for farm programs to adjust for the disruption caused by the government shutdown, and it provided links to government documents about the changes.
Sen. Kevin Cramer, D-N.D., also sent out a news release highlighting the changes.
Below are the program extension dates from FSA:
▪ Market Facilitation Program — Deadline to apply Feb. 14.
▪ Marketing Assistance Loans — If loan matured in December 2018, settlement date is Feb. 14. Availability for peanut loans or loan deficiency payments now Feb. 28.
▪ Emergency Conservation Program — Performance reporting due Feb. 14.
▪ Livestock Forage Disaster — 2018 application for payment due Feb. 28.
▪ Emergency Assistance Livestock, Honey Bees, and Farm-raised Fish Program — Notice of loss due Feb. 14.
▪ Livestock Indemnity Program — Notice of loss due Feb. 14.
▪ Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program — Feb. 14 is the deadline for submitting 2019 application for coverage; notice of loss for 72-hour harvest and grazing (as applicable); notice of loss for prevented planting and failed acres, and applications for payment for 2018 covered losses.
▪ Tree Assistance Program — Notice of loss due Feb. 14.
–The Hagstrom Report
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User