High Plains Ag Lab annual research update to be Feb. 13
The latest results from crop and livestock research at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s High Plains Ag Lab (HPAL) near Sidney, faculty positions update, and building plans will be shared with the HPAL advisory board and the public at the annual research update scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 13, at Sidney.
The meeting will take place from 9 a.m. until noon at the Sidney Community Center, 627 Toledo St., Sidney. For questions, call the High Plains Ag Lab at 308-254-3918.
The public is welcome. Agenda topics include:
• Welcome by HPAL Advisory Board chair Keith Rexroth
• Director’s update by Dr. Gary Hergert, Interim Director of Panhandle Research and Extension Center
• Operations update, Tom Nightingale, Farm Manager
• 2013 weather updates, Dr. Wayne Shawcroft, USDA
• Research updates: Cover crops and water use, Dr. David Nielsen, USDA; Alternative crops and wheat, Dr. Dipak Santra, UNL; Hail, curl mite and wheat virus infestation, Dr. Jeff Bradshaw, UNL; Perennial grass production, Dr. Gary Hergert, UNL; and Livestock, range and forage, Dr. Karla Jenkins, UNL
• Advisory board discussions and business. F
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User