Deadwood’s Days of ’76 wins 14th straight PRCA Rodeo of the Year award
December 6, 2017
Make that 14. Tonight (Dec. 6, 2017) in Las Vegas at the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association's (PRCA) annual banquet, Deadwood's Days of '76 Rodeo brought home its 14th consecutive PRCA Medium Rodeo of the Year award during the PRCA National Convention. The rodeo, billed the "Best Rodeo. No Bull." has won the award annually since 2004. Prior to that, it had won the PRCA Small Rodeo of the Year award four times, as well as the Badlands Circuit Rodeo of the year. 2018 will mark the 96th annual Days of '76 Rodeo in Historic Deadwood. The event, July 24-28, 2018, includes five days of rodeo action along with historic parades.
Days of '76 Committee members, including 2017 Chairman Pat Roberts and 2018 Chairman Joe Peterson, were on hand to accept the award. Nominated alongside the Days of '76 in the Medium Outdoor Rodeo category for 2017 were rodeos in Amarillo, Texas; Coleman, Texas; Eagle, Colorado; and Stephenville, Texas.
The Days of '76 Rodeo's clown, Keith Isley, is nominated for Clown of the Year. Randy Corley, the Days announcer, is also up for Announcer of the Year.
–Days of '76
Trending In: Horse Rodeo
- 2018 PRCA WORLD STANDINGS
- Montana’s Rempel named Pickup Man of Year, has picked up at WNFR more than any other
- South Dakota horse “Fiery Miss West” wins Badlands Circuit Barrel Horse of the Year
- Six horses and five AQHA members to be inducted in AQHA Hall of Fame in 2019
- Jim and Julie Sutton receive Donita Barnes Lifetime Achievement Award
- UPDATED DAILY: Wrangler NFR 2018 Round Results
- PRCA standings as of Dec. 14, 2018
- Filming Feek’s Vision: Legendary stock contractor’s story documented in new movie
- OCM: New JBS violations highlight weak enforcement of Packers & Stockyards Act
- JBS fined $50,000 for inaccurately recording weights, grades and prices of carcasses