Wyoming Extension to present a backcountry horse care workshop
January 24, 2018
A veterinarian will present backcountry horse care at a workshop Tuesday, Feb. 6, in Park County.
The session is 5-9 p.m. at Trapper Arena off Highway 14A between Cody and Powell, said Jeremiah Vardiman, University of Wyoming Extension educator. The workshop is tailored to outfitters, dude ranches, backcountry horse enthusiasts, hunters or anyone who spends time on horseback in remote places.
Dr. Karl Hoopes, DVM, of Utah State University will present on common problems in the mountains, discussing topics ranging from saddle sores to colic, said Vardiman.
There will be a live demonstration of equine dental care and a presentation on dental care and nutrition for working and idle horses. Vardiman will end the workshop discussing proper hoof care.
Reservations are requested by Thursday, Feb. 1, by calling Vardiman at 307-754-8836.
Trending In: Horse Rodeo
- AQHA fees to go up in 2018
- AQHA stallion breeding report forms must be submitted by November 30.
- Dream come true: Montana’s Bolt d’ Oro to run in Kentucky Derby
- 2018 Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show kicked off November 1 at State Fair Park in Oklahoma City
- American Rodeo estimates $30M in barrel horses