Wyoming Extension to present a backcountry horse care workshop
January 24, 2018
A veterinarian will present backcountry horse care at a workshop Tuesday, Feb. 6, in Park County.
The session is 5-9 p.m. at Trapper Arena off Highway 14A between Cody and Powell, said Jeremiah Vardiman, University of Wyoming Extension educator. The workshop is tailored to outfitters, dude ranches, backcountry horse enthusiasts, hunters or anyone who spends time on horseback in remote places.
Dr. Karl Hoopes, DVM, of Utah State University will present on common problems in the mountains, discussing topics ranging from saddle sores to colic, said Vardiman.
There will be a live demonstration of equine dental care and a presentation on dental care and nutrition for working and idle horses. Vardiman will end the workshop discussing proper hoof care.
Reservations are requested by Thursday, Feb. 1, by calling Vardiman at 307-754-8836.
Trending In: Horse Rodeo
- National High School Rodeo Finals Round 2 results
- National High School Rodeo Finals standings after Round 1
- Skin Problems in Young Cattle: Warts and Ringworm
- Back to reality: Dwight Hammond says America needs to get on her knees and pray
- Veterinarians now recommend leaving a retained placenta alone to avoid harming uterus