House Committee Chairs nominated for 114th Congress
November 20, 2014
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, announced that the House Republican Steering Committee today recommended the following committee chairs in the 114th Congress:
▪ Agriculture – Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Texas
▪ Appropriations – Rep. Hal Rogers, R-Ky.
▪ Armed Services – Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas
▪ Budget – Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga.
▪ Education & the Workforce – Rep. John Kline, R-Minn.
Recommended Stories For You
▪ Energy & Commerce – Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich.
▪ Financial Services – Rep. Jeb Hensarling, R-Texas
▪ Foreign Affairs – Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif.
▪ Homeland Security – Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas
▪ Judiciary – Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va.
▪ Natural Resources – Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah
▪ Oversight & Government Reform – Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah
▪ Science, Space, and Technology – Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas
▪ Small Business – Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio
▪ Transportation & Infrastructure – Rep. Bill Shuster, R-Pa.
▪ Veterans' Affairs – Rep. Jeff Miller, R-Fla.
▪ Ways & Means – Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis.
Boehner previously announced the following committee chair appointments:
▪ Administration – Rep. Candice Miller, R-Mich.
▪ Ethics – Rep. Charlie Dent, R-Pa.
▪ Intelligence – Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif.
▪ Rules – Rep. Pete Sessions, R-Texas
The recommendations will be presented to the full House Republican Conference for ratification.
–The Hagstrom Report