Limousin announces top 10 Limousin sires
January 6, 2012
DENVER – The North American Limousin Foundation (NALF) has compiled the statistics for its recently completed fiscal year and determined the breed’s 10 most heavily propagated sires. Together, they sired more than 2,400 registered Limousin and Lim-Flex calves.
“These top 10 sires represent the improvements that the Limousin breed has experienced,” said Mark Anderson, executive director for NALF. “With the extensive use of artificial insemination, Limousin producers are able to improve their seedstock base and provide commercial producers with functional cattle. The Limousin breed is working to be the Continental breed of choice for progressive commercial producers and these bulls exemplify the kind of cattle we need to reach that goal.
The list of top 10 Limousin sires and owners are as follows:
1. DHVO Deuce 132R – Magness Land and Cattle, Platteville, CO; Bruce Lawrence, Anton, TX; Kervin Cattle Co., Winnfield, LA..
2. WULFS Titus 2149T – Wulf Limousin Farms, Morris, MN; Brock Limousin Farm, Notasulga, AL; Pleasant Home Limousin, Creston, OH.
3. RUNL Stetson 850S – Wulf Limousin Farms, Morris, MN.
Recommended Stories For You
4. SYES User Friendly 524U – Vaughn Farms, Cavalier, ND; Shrock Cattle Co., Pattonsburg, MO; Cripple Creek Cattle Co. Dakota, MN.
5. WULFS Ransom 3059R – Wulf Limousin Farms, Morris, MN; Broken Arrow S Ranch, McLaughlin, SD; Potter Livestock, Braddock, ND; and Ludens Family Limousin, Viborg, SD .
6. JCL Lodestar 27L – Magness Land and Cattle, Platteville, CO; Kervin Cattle Co., Winnfield, LA; Coyote Hills Ranch, Chattanooga, OK.
7. WULFS Shop Talk 2332S – DBL Inc., Fullerton, NE; Knobloch Farms, Morris, MN; Englewood Farms, Lexington, KY; and Wulf Limousin.
8. WULFS Sirloin 3172S – Wulf Limousin Farms, Morris, MN; Englewood Farms, Lexington, KY.
9. AUTO Dollar General 122R – GV Limousin, Garnett, KS.
10. WULFS US Army General 5093 – Wulf Limousin Farms, Morris, MN; Diamond V Ranch, Selfridge, ND; Broken Arrow S Ranch, McLaughlin, SD.
Pedigrees and expected progeny differences (EPDs) for any registered Limousin or Lim-Flex bull are available through various features of the NALF Web site, http://www.nalf.org, including the Animal EPD Search and Sire Selector. The most recent sire summary also is in the site’s “Genetic Evaluation” section. A printed copy or CD-ROM version of it also is available from the NALF office, 303-220-1693, for $10.