Limousin announces year’s Top 10 sires
DENVER, CO – The North American Limousin Foundation (NALF) has compiled the statistics for its recently completed fiscal year and determined the breed’s 10 most heavily propagated sires. Together, they sired more than 2,400 registered Limousin and Lim-Flex® calves.
“These sires represent the performance improvement that the Limousin breed has experienced,” said Bob Hough, Ph.D., Executive Vice President for NALF. “With the extensive use of artificial insemination, Limousin producers are able to improve their seedstock base and provide commercial producers with functional cattle. The Limousin breed excels in longevity, biologically efficient growth and carcass yield, improved and documented docility since 1994, optimum heterosis, and sensible milking ability.”
The list of top 10 Limousin sires and their owners follows.
1. RUNL Stetson 850S – Running Creek Ranch, Elizabeth, CO
2. Wulfs Ransom 3059R – Wulf Limousin Farms, Morris, MN; Broken Arrow S Ranch, McLaughlin, SD; Potter Livestock, Braddock, ND; and Ludens Family Limousin, Viborg, SD
3. JCL Lodestar 27L – Magness Land and Cattle, Platteville, CO; Kervin Cattle Co., Winnfield, LA; and Coyote Hills Ranch, Chattanooga, OK
4. DHVO Deuce 132R – Magness Land and Cattle, Platteville, CO; Bruce Lawrence, Anton, TX; Kervin Cattle Co., Winnfield, LA.
5. Wulfs Shop Talk 2332S – DBL Inc., Fullerton, NE; Knobloch Farms, Morris, MN; Englewood Farms, Lexington, KY; and Wulf Limousin Farms, Morris, MN
6. HC Final Time 407 – Wulf Limousin Farms, Morris, MN; Harley Coleman, Charlo, MT
7. DHVO Trey 133R – Bruce Lawrence, Anton, TX
8. RUNL Prodigal 117P – Running Creek Ranch, Elizabeth, CO
9. MAGS Savage – Magness Land and Cattle, Platteville, CO; DJ Limousin Port Orchard, WA; Brown Land and Cattle, Diamond, MO
10. Carrousels Pure Power – Express Ranches, Yukon, OK.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User