ALB supports a lamb promotional program
The American Lamb Board (ALB) has allocated $25,000 in FY 2019 to support new lamb promotion ideas targeting non-industry audiences (consumers, chefs, media, retailers etc.). These funds are intended to help support local or regional lamb promotions designed to build demand for American Lamb. This is a competitive funding process and the American Lamb Board will give priority to projects that demonstrate innovative promotion ideas and a commitment to share the cost of executing the promotion. These funds are intended to offset the total cost of the promotion rather subsidizing the entire cost.
The types of programs that would be eligible:
• Lamb sampling at consumer food events
• Cooking and/or butchery demonstrations
• Retail promotions such as in-store sampling
• Farm or ranch tours for consumers, media, chefs etc.
• Local restaurant promotions
• Farmer’s market demonstrations or sampling
• Educational seminars at local culinary schools or consumer cooking schools
• Local Lamb-Jam style cook-off competitions
The types of programs that would not be eligible:
• Lamb industry events including meal functions, auctions etc.
• Requests for funding to support salaries or capital assets
• Any activities related to lobbying or influencing government policy or action.
Deadline for receiving applications: February 28, 2019
Anticipated award date: March 2019
Deadline for completion of program: December 31, 2019
Applicants must submit a final report with their invoice including an overview of the program results and photos or other documentation of ALB acknowledgment.
For a copy of the application or more information contact: Rae@americanlamb.com
–American Lamb Board