Montana financial and production management training sessions start Jan. 18
January 10, 2011
BOZEMAN, MT – The USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) in conjunction with Montana State University wants to inform Montana’s agricultural producers that Financial and Production Management training will begin Jan. 18 and will run through Feb. 22, 2011. The sessions will be held from 10 a.m. to Noon, and 1 to 3 p.m.
The cost to attend the six-week training is $100 per family unit. A registration fee of $20 will be charged for anyone interested in attending a single session. Anyone interested in attending should contact one of the locations listed below.
This continuing education class is available to anyone interested in learning more about managing their farm/ranch operation. This course also meets the requirements for production and financial management training for FSA loan recipients. In order to qualify for a certificate, all six sessions must be attended. Participants will be asked to pay a registration fee to cover the cost of the video conferencing at the first session they attend. Contact the location of your choice for further information.
Workshop locations are:
• Beaverhead County-Dillon USDA Service Center: 406-683-3830
• Blaine County-Chinook USDA Service Center: 406-357-2320, Ext. 2
Recommended Stories For You
• Carter County-Ekalaka USDA Service Center: 406-775-6359, Ext. 2
• Cascade County-Great Falls USDA Service Center: 406-727-7580, Ext. 2
• Custer County-Miles City USDA Service Center: 406-232-7905, Ext. 2
• Fergus County-Lewistown USDA Service Center: 406-538-3489, Ext. 2
• Fort Peck Community College, contact Tom BlackEagle: 406-768-6300
• Gallatin County-Bozeman USDA Service Center: 406-522-4000, Ext. 2
• Glacier County-Cut Bank USDA Service Center: 406-873-5618, Ext. 2
• Hill County-Havre USDA Service Center: 406-265-6792, Ext. 2
• Lake County-Ronan USDA Service Center: 406-676-2811, Ext. 2
• Little Big Horn College, contact Fredrica Lefthand: 406-638-3131
• Teton County-Choteau USDA Service Center: 406-466-5351, Ext. 2
Topics to be covered are: 1) Crop and Livestock Marketing; 2) Introduction to Quicken; 3) Crop Production; 4) Communicating about Estate Planning; 5) Taxation Issues; 6) Tools Estate Planning; 7) Livestock and Crop Production; 8) Advanced Quicken; 9) Financial Analysis I; 10) Financial Analysis and Risk Management; 11) Retirement Planning and 12) Family Business Issues/Goals and Assessments.
The workshops are designed to provide a variety of management and production tools to meet today’s financial and production demands. The Production Records Session will discuss recommended recordkeeping for FSA and other government livestock and crop programs.
For more information, contact the location contacts listed above or the MSU Extension Service. The training schedule, dates, location and local contacts are posted on the Montana Farm Service Agency Web site at http://www.fsa.usda.gov/mt.